Saturday, April 9, 2016

When hair goes wrong....

So this would be filed under a 'such' post. There is nothing here about rubber stamps, designer bags, or my other favorite subject, beads beads beads. 

This time it is about hair....

I have a confession to make. 

I am hair illiterate.

I can wash it, dry it and put it up into a ponytail or a clip and that's about it.

For those who do not know me, I am a brunette with super thick, super straight (and formerly long) hair. 

I am sure there are a few of you saying, OMG, I would love to have that!!!! And right now I would agree with you....

My daughter is 7.5 years old and not quite a master in the grooming or personal hygiene department...We have been battling for about 3 months with the hairbrush (I think we own every possible detangling brush on the market) and the knots in her hair. 

Everytime her hair gets knotty I have to beg her to brush it. And she fights and cries, and I get mad, and we stop and the knots get worse until every so often she knows it is bad enough that something has to be done or else it will have to get chopped off.

And today, I just couldn't take it anymore. 

I started brushing it before we left for the salon. But she stopped me before we were a third of the way done. And I knew that the hairdresser was going to give me 'the look' once we got there, because she would know how much brushing and detangling she would have to do before she even lifted her scissors....

We got to the salon and we checked in and were ready to go. My daughter was excited that she was going to lose the length on her hair and that it was going to be easy for her to brush.

So the stylist started brushing, and all was well. Another stylist was ready for me, and I thought to myself, I need to lose some length so in my mind I was ready to go to shoulder length.

I always get an inverted bob. Whether it is long or short, it gives my hair a 'style' and takes some weight off. When I started today, my hair was 1/3 of the way down my back.

When it was over, it was chin length. And it was all one length.... 

Meanwhile in the other chair, my daughter was in tears from the brushing, and just starting to get everything cut.

I was about to lose my shit on my stylist, but instead, I looked over to my little girl and said, 'Hey honey, look! When you are done, we will be twins!

She looked at me, then my hair, and beamed! 

Luckily for my daughter, my stylist had screwed up my hair enough to give me and my daughter twinsie hairstyles.

And my little girl is tickled pink.

Mommy still needs to come to terms with everything, but in the interim, if anyone needs a pirate, pageboy, or colonial extra, call me! I definitely have the hairstyle for it...



No comments:

Post a Comment