Friday, September 1, 2017

August Book Club

I feel like I am doing a quarterly review!
Three Book Club posts in a day. WHOA!
 
This month's book was Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. And man! It was GREAT!
 
The library's copy was out, so I started reading one of his later published books (Lust and Wonder) first and I couldn't put it down. I think I read the entire thing in about a day because his life is so incredible and his story telling makes it so you just HAVE to know what happens next.
 
I was inspired by this passage in particular, but I am not sure which book it's from. Sorry!!!


Here is what I made, based on this:

The focal is from an old chandelier. I have been waiting for just the right project and I am SO glad I remembered that I had it. The other bits and pieces are actually plastic, from a necklace I had that I didn't particularly like and chopped apart. The blue beads are crystal and the silver ones are Czech glass. I absolutely love this piece!

Side note: I also read the following: Dry, A Wolf at the Table, Possible Side Effects, and This is How- Surviving what you think you can't. I highly recommend every one of them!


While we were having a blast at book club, I made this piece too. I have no idea what these green and red stones are, but they are gorgeous and glamorous and edgy. So I paired them with some turquoise seed beads and these crazy brass toned horns? cones? Call them what you will. I dig them!
Once it has a clasp, it will be ready to wear!
 
 
 
 
Did you see that we have a new year of books to read?
 
If you aren't in our book club, you need to be! Tell 10 of your closest friends!!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love both pieces. Great interpretation of the passage.
    Love the repurposed chandelier focal. I'm sure there's a name for that hanging thing. Doesn't everything have a name?!
    The second necklace is lovely!

    ReplyDelete