Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Today was a "plan g" kind of day...

So today was supposed to be the day where I completed a project and was able to take a great big deep breath and relish in all the hard work I've put into a project that I've been working on for the past few months....

But at 9:30 a.m. I was notified that I'd have to make a 'plan b.' So I did, and worked on, getting various updates throughout the day.

By 3:30, I was notified that 'plan b' needed changed to 'plan c.' And seeing as the finishing touches to the project were in the hands of the production team, I was still ok with things...

By 5 pm, 'plan c' was still in effect, but would be hand delivered to my location instead of me meeting them halfway. I thought, it's going to be close, but it's still do-able. 

I gave a status update to my team leader and got the kids and I ready to go. We were a little early getting to our meeting, so it was nice to have some time to chat and have a little laugh about the last minute hurdles today.

Then, plans quickly went to 'd, e, and oh f#%$!' The finished product had a glitch, and it was a big one! Again, not my fault, but it makes you question yourself. Was I not clear? Can't I explain myself? What will everyone say about me? What will they say about THIS?

So sadly, I wrapped up the meeting, sent folks home empty handed but hopeful, collaborated with production and went home myself. I've felt bad about this all night long, so I'm now on 'plan g.' Goodnight!

I know deep down that a good night of sleep to tackle this with a fresh head tomorrow, and the faith I have in the production team to get it sorted out, will let things work out fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment