Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pumpkins are driving me MAD!

So last Friday, I went to a local Paint and Sip event. I was looking for an excuse to get out of the house and when a friend of mine said she was free too, we couldn't pass it up.

The theme was Fall, and the subject we were painting was Pumpkins.

Have I told you that I'm already TOTALLY OVER this pumpkin spice everything trend? I mean fall is one of my favorite seasons, but ugh.

Anyhow, the painting class was going stunningly. We were laughing and commiserating about what awful artists we were (except my friend, who happens to be a terrific art teacher. Note: if you stink at painting, don't invite an artist, and especially don't let her sit next to you....haha!)

We started with painting the background, then the pumpkin on the right side. Mine was great. I was super pleased.

And then we started on the left. Apparently my brain was 1. Either not communicating with my left hand properly  or 2. I was not intoxicated enough. My second pumpkin turned out to be a super sized genetically modified tomato. And it was a total buzzkill.

So after we 'finished up' our paintings (I was ready to burn mine) we headed to the local watering hole. And clearly, I am a much better drinker than painter....

So when I got home, the hubs and I had a great long laugh at how ridiculous my painting was and I threw it onto the kitchen table. That damn thing has been haunting me ALL WEEK LONG!

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I'm allllllllll about the paper products. So how else did I decide to cover up the monstrosity? With paper, of course!!!

Let's just chalk it all up to the crappy ending I had to a most interesting day last week. I needed some art therapy, and I needed to fix that painting before I needed a real therapist!

So here's the results. Before (with GMO tomato). After, with a little bit of letters. After the after (where I added the dots to really jazz it up). And finally, 'on exhibit.'

I'm no Picasso, but I'm pretty clever. No one will know the difference until the glue wears off...

No comments:

Post a Comment