Saturday, November 7, 2015

Brave Angel Challenge Reveal

I'm late!
I'm late!
I'm late!

This gal has a bunch of balls in the air and it amazes me how much I can accomplish. But I feel like a whirling dervish most of the time.....

So, as always, it dawned on me that I only had a few days to whip something up for this challenge.

My favorite tool to use is the Vintaj looper tool. I've shown it to quite a few people and they too agree that it would be a life changer.

I've figured out how to estimate just the right amount of wire that I need for a component without wasting a bunch and as a result, this tool becomes my go-to for when I need to get a beading job done, and in a hurry!

So without much ado, here are the pieces I made for this challenge. They are an homage to my Aunt who passed away 2 years ago this December. She was brave when she was diagnosed with stage 4 beast cancer and she gave it a great fight for a little more than 3 years.

Dammit that cancer took her away from us, but she's still my biggest role model and I find myself quoting her often when I find myself buying another pair of shoes or ANOTHER handbag, but i think of her most of all when I look at my little girl who was born on her birthday. So, in a nutshell she's always on my mind (and I'm thankful I stopped crying each time she was too).

So, Auntie C, my brave angel always, these two pieces are for you and if you were still here, they'd be in the mail to you - with a flamingo!

1 comment:

  1. These pieces are a beautiful and a lovely memory of your aunt.

    ReplyDelete