Wednesday, April 26, 2017

March projects and March Book Club

I have been trying to get a blog post completed for over a month!
RIDICULOUS, I know.
 
So without anymore ado, here's what I was up to, you know, a month ago....
 
First off, book club!

Our book club selection was Where'd Ya Go, Bernadette and this piece reflected the deplorable state that the house was in. Andrew Thornton made the polymer clay houses which I used as focals and the gorgeous blue Czech glass is my interpretation of the sadness that the book portrayed, both from Bernadette and her family. Eventually, I will add some chain so that the necklace can be thrown right over the head. And yeah me, I made matching earrings! Woot!
 
 
 
I also made some fun things from the Destash Box I purchased from Lorelei Eurto.
Here's what I came up with:
 


I absolutely fell in love with the focal, which is what made me purchase this particular box. I'm not a huge fan of the faceted yellow crystal beads, but I had a strand of them to use from and Andrew Thornton Destash purchase, and I think that they are quite pretty with the large plastic beads with the gold specs on them.
Here is an up-close look at the large beads in the set of earrings. (Which were particularly difficult to photograph due to their size!)


 
Next up is a pretty green necklace that I made with some gemstone strands that were floating around in my bag. I can't even tell you what these are, but they are such a pretty shade of green. I just love this piece!


 
 I also made this set. It has some vintage plastics and a gorgeous lime green stone with purple flecks in it. It is super funky and I have worn it quite a few times and gotten many compliments.
 
 
The final piece is this pretty hot pink and orange number.
It ties together some Czech glass, vintage plastic, and some gemstones with an art bead focal.
Add a clasp, and Kowabunga!
 
 

So yeah, I was pretty busy a few weeks ago.
I need some solid time to get creative!
 
See you when that happens!


 

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment