Thursday, March 30, 2017

Destash Project #3


I have been trying really hard to use the stuff I have in my collection.

BUT IT'S SO HARD NOT TO COLLECT NEW GOODIES!!!!!

This project comes from a few sources actually. The stone rondelles are from a trunk show at Allegory Gallery last summer, the glass beads are from a really cool bead shop that I visited in Florida, and the funky glass beads are from an Andrew Thornton Destash event.

Not only have I been trying to use up my stuff, I have been trying to set aside time to be creative!

When we bought our house, we were planning to renovate the space above the garage so that Erik would have an office, and I would have my own maker's space. I don't consider myself THAT creative to call it a studio. But tit for tat.

Now Erik has been talking about tearing down the garage and building a different space altogether, so I am kind of debating setting up a space in my basement so that I can go there to craft instead of making things on the couch or in my bed!

Neither here nor there, my stuff is scattered all around and it is hard to conceptualize projects when you know you have something that you want to use, but you don't know where exactly it is! I'm sure all you makers that follow me understand. But then again, most of you have designated spaces.

I think this is going to be my weekend project. I'm going to set myself up a space someplace.... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment