Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Open Table Nights

Every other Wednesday at Allegory Gallery, we host Open Table Night. It's like open mic night but without any singing talent! Lol

We gather together to make stuff and chit chat and it is so much fun! We do it so that folks who miss our weekday classes can get their creativity on. And beat the winter doldrums. Among other things!!!! But it is also a really great excuse to check out what is new and exciting at the shop and make a great project (or several)...

Alison and Zack and I challenged ourselves to try the 'Muffin Tin Project'
The idea is that you fill up a muffin pan with a mish mash of components from your stash that may have lingering around or that you just haven't had a chance to use yet.

I filled mine up and had a great time doing it. However, the lighting in my basement is not quite as true as I thought it was. So I had quite a surprise when some of the things that I thought went together, kind of didn't!

But, it didn't dissuade me! I always have a funky mixture of stuff in my bag at all times, so if I didn't find what I needed, the store always has the perfect component!

So after two Open Table Nights, you can see what has sprung out of my muffin tin!
I'm quite pleased! And once I find the right clasps for everything, I will be able to wear them!  (But that's an entirely different blog post!!!!)

So- here it goes. Day One:
My Muffin Tin, ready to create:

My progress after the first Open Table Night:

My progress while I waited for my Monday class to start the following week:

My progress after tonight's Open Table Session:


Crappy cell phone photos! BUT so excited to show off my projects. Be sure to check out Alison and what she has cooking at Alison Adorns and also, our creative genius Andrew Thornton at his blog The Art and Writing of Andrew Thornton. 

And finally, don't forget, all are welcome to join us! We would love for you to join us at the beading table. 




No comments:

Post a Comment